Demotivating update strategy
I don't understand why new versions are constantly being released. Shopify releases an update twice a year. Can't you do the same with Shopware? Collect everything or once a quarter and you know in advance what will be optimised. And the release date is fixed, so you can prepare for it. It would simply be structured. Security updates run separately.
We pay a lot of money for updates because many functionalities are no longer available in the Shopware core and we always have to test all plugins to see if they are compatible again. I'm not even going to mention external systems such as ERP or the like. Developers even complain to us that Shopware's version updates are random and that they then have to catch up quickly and features can't be developed because they have to guarantee compatibility. Is Shopware aware of this?
And I suspect that this situation is annoying - for the developers of the plugins and also for the retailers.
We are currently trying to upgrade to Shopware 6.6.7.1 and I already know that a new version is coming.
It's demotivating.
Not enough interest
We’re closing this idea because it has not received significant interest or activity over the past 12 months. This helps us keep the idea portal focused on the topics that are most relevant to our community.
Thank you for taking the time to submit and support it. We’ll continue to monitor customer needs and may reconsider the topic if interest grows in the future.